The Hawaiian baby woodrose (argyreia nervosa)
is a member of the convolvulaceae family which also includes the morning glory. They contain a naturally occurring tryptamine called LSA (Lysergic Acid Amide), which is closely related to LSD. The seeds are consumed orally, either direct or after extraction of the active alkaloids.
The effects are somewhat similar to those of LSD, but less intense and less visual. An Hawaiian baby woodrose trip lasts 6-8 hours; tranquil feelings may last an additional 12 hours. Sleep is deep and refreshing after the trip, however some users may experience a hangover characterized by blurred vision, vertigo, and physical intertia.
Nausea and other stomach complaints are quite common side effects of consuming Hawaiian baby woodrose, which are not caused by the LSA but other compounds in the seeds. This is why some users choose to extract the LSA from the seeds.
Because use is oral, onset is affected by the last food that was ingested (try not to eat 4-6 hours before you eat the seeds). The average dosage is 4 to 8 seeds. Some users advise to take no more than 2 or 3 the first time. The seeds must chewed for as long as possible as the active substances are absorbed by the body's saliva.
Here is a recipe to let the seeds work more efficiently:
1. Remove any remaining husk and cut the seeds up in small bits with a knife or pair of scissors They can also be pulverised in a coffee grinder.
2. Put them in a cup and pour half a cup of hot but not boiling water on them. It is best to use distilled water as tap water and mineral water contain minerals which can diminish the effect of the seeds
3. Leave for at least 1½ hours for the water to cool down to room temperature. The alkaloids dissolve in the water at a certain temperature that is reached at some time during the cooling process.
4. Drink the water together with the seeds.
- 1. Do not operate heavy machinery. Do Not Drive.
- 2. Do not use Hawaiian woodrose seeds when pregnant. LSA is closely related to LSD which is a uterine contractor that can increase risk of miscarriage during pregnancy
- 3. Individuals currently in the midst of emotional or psychological upheaval in their everyday lives should be careful about choosing to use psychedelics such as Hawaiian Woodrose seeds, as they can bring out dormant emotions.
- 4. Individuals with a family history of schizophrenia or early onset mental illness should be extremely careful as psychedelics have been known to trigger latent psychological and mental problems.
- 5. Although Hawaiian woodrose belong to the same family as the morning glory, Hawaiian woodrose seeds are much stronger.